Usage by Children
This website is not designed for use by persons under the age of 18, therefore we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with this website. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information (i.e. name, address, email address, etc.) over the internet, to us or any other person.
We collect three basic types of information:
- Information voluntarily supplied by you, when you answer specific questions or submit emails
- Tracking information gathered as you navigate through our website
- Privileged patient information protected by HIPAA
How We Collect Your Information
We actively collect information voluntarily supplied by you and not privileged or HIPAA protected. This information may include your full name, address, email address, phone number, demographic or psychographic information. This personal information may be supplied when responding to specific questions or in email correspondences. Some areas of the site request information in order for you to participate in activities, i.e. newsletter registration. Optional Information will be noted and marked as such.
We collect information through technology, such as cookies, flash cookies, and navigational data, which means some data is gathered on the website without you actively providing us with the information. This technology may include:
- Flash Cookies: We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit.
- Session cookies: A session cookie is a piece of information that is enabled only during a particular website session. It provides statistical information as well as helps make improvements in website navigation. Session cookie files are deleted after logging off the Internet browser or powering off your computer.
- IP (Internet Protocol) addresses: The IP address of your computer is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number allows access to the Internet and is considered non-personally identifiable in nature. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Other Information: This information typically does not reveal your specific identity; such as server log files, browser information, navigational data, information collected by cookies, location information, and aggregated information. Navigational data is used for marketing research, content improvement and system management purposes.
Non-HIPAA Protected Information Use and Disclosure
- where required by applicable laws, subpoena, court orders, or government regulations.
In addition, we will make full use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally identifiable form.
To keep your personally identifiable information current and accurate, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession that you have previously submitted via this site.
HIPAA Protected and Privileged Information
TENSSource has created separate and distract protected website portals, pages or links for the purpose of receiving, storing, protecting and releasing or disclosing Protected Healthcare Information (PHI), including identifiers which would connect a patient to a specific health care record. Protected health care information (PHI) about patients and certain information about their health care provider are protected by federal law (HIPAA).This includes information from medical records concerning health history, laboratory and diagnostic testing results, diagnosis, treatment plans and prescription orders among other data and information and any information that would identify a specific medical record as belonging to a specific patient. All of the information provided by TENSSource through the proper portal or channel shall be kept strictly confidential and is not shared with anyone outside the company, nor anyone within the company who doesn’t have a reasonable need to know it, absent a written consent from the patient. While HIPAA does allow disclosure of certain PHI to third parties with the patient’s informed and written consent, TENSSource does not currently make such disclosures and will not disclose such PHI until the patient has received a HIPAA- compliant request form and has provided written consent to such disclosure. Finally HIPAA requires each patient to be promptly notified of any breach of TENSSource‘s computerized or other records which is reasonably believed to have the potential of, or has actually resulted in, a disclosure of a patient’s PHI within a reasonable period of time of not more than sixty (60) days from TENSSource‘s discovery of the breach.
Questions or Complaints
It is TENSSource‘s policy that all privacy complaints relating to the protection of health information be investigated in a timely manner. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or feel your privacy rights have been violated, please contact TENSSource‘s Privacy Officer at the address listed below.
You may file a Privacy Complaint at any time, if you feel your privacy rights have been violated. All complaints or concerns must be submitted to this office in writing at the address listed below. You may also file a written complaint to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, Washington, D.C. 20201. Or you may contact the OCR Hotline at 1-800-368-1019.
TENSSource supports your right to the privacy of your medical information. We will not retaliate in any way if you choose to file a complaint with us or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free. Such information will be reasonably protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. E-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure; caution and discretion should be used when sending personally identifiable information.
Third Party Web Sites
8110 Anderson Road, Suite A
Tampa, Florida 33634